Sittin On A Porch

Sittin On A Porch
Our little back porch

Saturday, July 10, 2010

TMH

They called me on my way home from the Doctor's office.  They called 3 times within 20 minutes.  They had an appointment at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital (TMH) for Friday.  I was not emotionally prepared.  I told the sweet voice on the phone.  She said she understood and I needed to be a the hospital @ 8.  I asked if they could postpone it until after the July 4th holiday.  No. Did we really need to do this so quickly.  Yes.  Ok, Friday, be there at 8, procedure at 10.  I took Thursday off for a pity party.  Ok, I was a little wierded out, but really I did not sit around and feel sorry for myself.  I cleaned the house and watched movies on the TCM.  Nice day, quiet.  Friday morning Judy aka Sweetie showed up a little before 7 and we drove over and jumped in Ms Moon's car and headed for the big city.  We got to TMH about 7:30 got checked in and off we went.

First they aspirated the fluid from my lungs, 388cc's, that is over 12 ounces.  That is a lot of fluid for one lung.  We sat in a waiting room, me and my ride for the day, a standard gurney.  Ms Moon and Sweetie next to me.  That was the only time I sat and waited.  As soon as they got the pathology report off we ran.  I had ultra sounds inside and out, more CTscans and X-rays, more blood work and it was just one probe or prod or stick or push after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment