Sittin On A Porch

Sittin On A Porch
Our little back porch

Friday, December 30, 2011

A Quiet last week of 2011

I have taken it slow and easy this last week of December, the last week of 2011.  The first few days I was home after spending Christmas with Dad and family, I did nothing.  I just sat in my red chair.  I put on a sappy movie channel and just sat.  After that I have worked in the house cleaning, do a little dusting, a little this a little that.  I worked on a book shelf.  I knitted.  I have mostly rested.  Mostly just tried to come backbout from exhausting myself.  Nothing new to talk about.  No deep thoughts.  Just resting.

I did take a few photos of my beloved Brazilian Flame Vine:


The vine has grown into horse stall up along the roof


Tomorrow Sioux and her grandson, Reid will come to celebrate New Years with me.  We will join Geeta and Janak in going over to Genevive's for a cover dish dinner tomorrow.  The we will go to Belle Meade Farm to Fred and Marcy's annual tree burn.  Big doings for me for a usually quiet weekend.

Next weekend I will be in Orlando with my two best friends from college, Linda and Susan with Linda's son, Josh and Susan's daughte, Annie.  We will go to Harry Potter World.  The weekend after that I am taking a class on weaving shawls.  Ok, that is three weekends  already planned for the first month of the new year.  Too much planning.  sigh.  But how can I not spend this time with Sioux and Reid, with Susan, Linda, Annie and Josh.  Not learn something new???? 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday and end of the year.  love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment