Sittin On A Porch

Sittin On A Porch
Our little back porch

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Here come the side effects

It is almost reassuring to have the side effects here.  It is not like they are so bad or so much fun, but they are getting predictable, and right now, anything predictable feels welcome.  I am starting to get my head wrapped around    some things.  I don't fell like I am going to drop dead tomorrow, but I understand that life has different nuisance now I have never thought about.  I have spent most of the day resting.  I do a lot of resting these days.  All in all I don't feel bad at all.  Yes, my hands are numb and my muscles feel week.  I have slept through the FSU game, hopefully I can stay awake for most of the UF game (go gators!)

My ex husband has come up for a "visit"  He has promised to fix the chicken coop door, at the least replace the short screws, possibly put a third hinge beside the screws.  He wants to help.  We have a very bizarre history the two of us.  We were married for more then 20 years.  The end of was hard and could have gotten nasty and hurtful, but somehow here we are years later still talking.  We share Maggie and Harry, the two old labs.  It is still odd having him here.  He just slips right back in and seems comfortable here.  I am not as comfortable at how easily he slipped back in, because I don't want anyone here long term.



But we seem to be getting along without any yelling or problems.  He swears he is not going to participate in any of his addictions.  We will see.  Tonight Judy and Denise are coming over for Chinese takeout.   Mr. Moon stopped by to check on me.  My Ex is aware that people are watching, and he seems to be taking note. We will see how that goes.  He is only here for a few days.  Well, that is my plan.


So, just a beautiful warm fall day, the light is gorgeous and I am resting and wrapping my head around my world, my world that keeps getting turned upside down.  And for right now, everything if just fine.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the side effects are not horrible. I'm also glad you have wonderful people who are there for you. Even an ex-husband. I hope the dinner is good and that you feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Ugh on the side affects and your world turning upside-down. I hope it turns right up, very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right here. Call me if you need me.
    Love...M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how predictable things are welcome when most everything else in your world is not.

    I agree, the light is different in fall. The light and air feel so soothing don't they? Stealing naps is great in fall!

    Hope your visit is enjoyable.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good that you are on amiable terms with him. I think that is the way it should be--people who loved once, don't need to hate each other. Resentment is the killer.

    ReplyDelete