Sittin On A Porch

Sittin On A Porch
Our little back porch

Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday

For the last two weeks I have been trying to pick a project at work each day and set a goal to finish it.  So sometimes I had to work a little longer at work to meet my goal, and it caught up with me today.  I got a lot done that way, but I wore myself out.  Today as I was walking down the stairs I got so tired I had to stop and rest.  I always park at the top of the hill because I feel strong to be able to get up and down those stairs.  Half way down this morning I thought how am I going to get back up if I can't get down.  But I made it down and I got a lot of work done and I made it back up those stairs.  


Bruce and Kelly my Chief and Assistant Chief at work came into my office this morning and asked me if I would like to make my birthday party into a luncheon.  No, I said, I don't want people to think of this as a party, I just want them to come by and get a piece of cake, and ice cream, Kelly would add quickly, and then go.  I am not serving drinks because I don't want people to sit down and eat cake, I just want to pick up their plate and leave.  They assured me that everyone thought of this as a party and that they were not coming to pick up cake, and ice cream, and leave.  Well, I guess I should have kept my mouth closed, and then I could have gotten the cake and rolled it around on a cart and delivered the cake.  Everyone loves cake, and I always think it is rude to not celebrate your birthday because then you are denying everyone of cake.  That is just impolite to deny people of cake.  So with everything going on with me, I just felt like I should celebrate my birthday and bring cake, and ice cream, and share them with my friends at work.  That is what I was thinking.  Everyone, and I mean everyone else thinks it is a party, with cake, and ice cream.  Oh, well, I will just stand there cutting cake and that will limit conversations to "thank you", "That is so sweet", "I am so glad that you could make it", "Don't you look great?"  I can handle that.  It is the conversations after the first pleasantries that I am not very good with.  Sigh, I really wish I thought more like normal people.


It has been quiet these last couple of days.  I was going to go to the doctor's office and try to get some answers and order copies of my records.  But I am just too worn out to argue and deal with that.  So I have a new plan.  I will sit down this weekend and try and organize an outline of all the questions I guess I never thought to ask when this journey began.  See if on Wednesday when we meet with Dr. B if I can get a logical order and understanding of what he thinks and why, and what is his plan, and then to discuss a second opinion.  


I did get to stop and have lunch on the porch with Ms Moon, and that was lovely, and now the temperatures are dropping quickly.  Time to pull out the down comforter, snuggle down in bed and take a quiet weekend at home.  Ms Moon sent home dinner, some of her delicious spaghetti.  That is special.


Geeta is coming over on Sunday for a girl's visit.  I am looking forward to getting to spend time with her.  She sent me blessed nuts from the dance festival.  That was special.


It is Friday, I survived another week, a little worn out, but a weekend to recoup.  Maybe I will plant my pansies and violets.  The days are supposed to be mild and filled with sunshine.           

3 comments:

  1. Honey- people love you. They want to celebrate you. And that's okay. Give them cake and beckon them off. And ice cream!
    This is going to be some week, huh? Well. There will be cakes.
    Sleep cozy with all your kids.
    Love...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your feelings about the conversation are normal for me. I am not much into the group chit chat thing. But give me one on one with an interesting person, and I can have a great conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be so late catching up on you.

    What, pray tell, are blessed nuts?

    ReplyDelete