Sittin On A Porch

Sittin On A Porch
Our little back porch

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Heading North

I had my visit with Dr. May today, and all is well.  Well, as well as I can be.  My lab numbers continue to look good.  I talked to Dr. May about symptoms and pain management.  I have been juggling a couple of different pain pills.  I only take one most times even though I can take 1-2 every 4 hours, 1 is enough if I do it smart.  Go ahead in the morning and take something when I eat breakfast.  Don't wait and make it worse, just accept that these are tools and use this smartly.  Doc gave me a couple other tools to put in my medicine cabinet.  We stopped at the CVS and filled the prescriptions before we leave tomorrow.  I might very well need some on this trip. hee hee

We are pretty much packed, just needs to go in the car and off we will go.  I am taking Christmas cards with me.  If I don't get time to write them, I will write them when I get home.  I am so bad, but really, oh well.  I did find one present for my friend Maggie in Houston that did not get mailed.  I will mail it to her when I get home.  I am sure that she will understand and forgive me for the lateness, she is a dear friend I have known since high school. 

I bought cookies for the nurses, but not enough.  Not everyone got a cookie, so I will have to take them again next time I go in February.  Yep, I do not have to go back until then.  Life is good.  Dr. May loved her shawl, Allison loved her scarf.  Geraldine was off for the day so I left her scarf with Dr. May.  I love Christmas.  Shoot, I love holidays of any kind.

I will be heading to bed pretty soon, I want to get a good night's sleep, tomorrow is a long day.  I woke this morning at 4am and could not get back to sleep, but I laid in the bed and just rested watching the time click by.  I did not get stressed out, I just laid there quietly listening to Bug's regular breath, the familiar sounds of the house, the dogs and cats going in and out of their door.  The darkness of night finally gave way to dawn and I got up and fed the animals and went on with my day.  I am always tired, today was no exception.

Christmas carols playing on the stereo
a chill in the air
hot coco
presents in the mail
cards to write
what a wonderful time of year
 

No comments:

Post a Comment