Sittin On A Porch

Sittin On A Porch
Our little back porch

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year


Happy New Year.  The first day of a new year, 2011.  A new beginning, new opportunities.  A hopeful new season.  For breakfast I ate some greens, the black eye peas will be done soon.  I like to start the day right off with luck so as soon as I was up, choosing to sleep in until 8 am this morning, I was cooking the greens, chopping onions and carrots, peeling garlic.  The house smells like new years; well how we do new years down here anyway.  It is warm and sunny and beautiful, a perfect way to start this year.  And I will clean up the guest room this morning and then off to visit Ms Judy and Ms Denise, then over to the Moon's.  What a wonderful way to spend the first day of a new year, with friends.  And tomorrow off to visit Janak, Geeta and Baa.  Sigh, a lovely weekend, and then later this week Vicki and Ken will be here, then Sioux, and then soon a reunion with the ugly sisters, Luann and Sharon will meet here.  I haven't seen them in so long.  We used to mutilate at Midlevel fairs.  Removable, reusable latex wounds.  Ah, we had some kind of fun back then.  


So lots of wonderful things for 2011.  And I hope to take advantage of them.  I will be armed with the lessons of 2010, balance in all things, a little time to rest, a little time to do.  Some happy laughing time with friends, and then quiet times alone.  Remember not to rush over the moments, savor them and enjoy.  Of course, I have an advantage in the resting part in that is something my body has been asking for these days.  

Last night I stayed home and had a quiet evening.  It was lovely.  The dogs and cats and I watched a Carey Grant marathon, ate mussels and cinnamon buns.  I was in bed by 10, it felt lovely snuggled down in my bed with my sweet "kids" all around.  A lovely way to spend the last moments of 2010.  

May this coming year that has started so bright, a beautiful morning filled with sunshine, be filled with hope and opportunities.  And may this cancer be held at bay, and maybe I will even get better.  I am hopeful and this is the time of year to do so.

Happy New Year.

3 comments: